Monday, October 22, 2012

Slow Cooker Roast Lamb | Leg of Lamb Slow Cooker Recipe

I had my busy Saturday morning all planned. Straight after breakfast the next thing I needed to do was get the roast lamb on.  When I took it out of the freezer on Friday morning, I was already imaging sitting down to dinner on Saturday night... slow cooker roast lamb, oven baked roast veggies, broccoli, peas and gravy - and a nice glass of red.  Oh, I can't wait!

I grabbed my breakfast and sat down at my computer, came to my site and searched my lamb recipes for my roast recipe and I couldn't find it!  I've been holding out on you, apparently!  I couldn't believe I hadn't posted this recipe - it has to be one of the simplest, tastiest, best slow cooker recipes I've come up with!  So here it is, this is the best roast lamb recipe I've been making for the last 20 odd years!  Enjoy!

Basically it is a rub mix that you apply to the roast before you put it in the slow cooker - too easy!

Slow Cooker Roast Lamb | Leg of Lamb Slow Cooker Recipe

1.2 to 1.5kg leg of lamb (when choosing a roast, remember the size/shape of your slow cooker!)

1 Tblsp tomato paste
2 Tblsp red wine (optional, just use water if you prefer)
water as required (see method)

2 Tblsp tomato paste
1 Tblsp Worcester Sauce
1 Tblsp Italian Herbs
1 Tblsp Garlic granules or 2 fresh cloves, crushed
freshly ground pepper to taste (I like pepper, so 40 grinds)
  • In the slow cooker base, add the first measure of tomato paste and the wine, stir to combine, add enough water that the liquid just covers the base.
  • In a small bowl (cereal size is ideal) mix the remaining herbs and sauces and apply to the roast.  
  • Application, lay roast on a plate. I usually try to apply roughly half for the top side and then pick it up at the skinny end and hold it up and paste the remaining rub on the thick end and the back of the roast, and pop in the slow cooker. I use the metal spoon I mixed it with to apply it.
  • Lots of words make this look more complicated that it really is - it is very quick to assemble and apply.
  • Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4-5.
Serve hot with all the families favourite roast lamb trimmings, or serve cold, sliced thinly with salad, grainy breads and good quality tomato relish - which how our family enjoys roast lamb at Christmas.  Enjoy!

Previous Post: Slow Cooker Curry | Slow Cooker Sausage Recipes | Slow Cooker Recipes NZ

If you are a slow cooker lamb fan, you may also enjoy having a little look through these popular and delicious Slow Cooker Lamb Recipes | Most Popular Recipes - they're sure to be popular with the family.


3 comments:

  1. The quality of your blogs and conjointly the articles and price appreciating.

    brand

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learnt various good stuff right here, and I’m sure everyone will get advantage of it.
    ricechef.com/aroma-rice-cooker/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your contents are too straightforward to browse and easy to understand.
    best ceramic frying pan

    ReplyDelete