Saturday, December 31, 2011

Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork

Back a few months ago I promised  Gary a copy of a recipe "I knew I had" but then couldn't find - that is until now!  I just found it!  So here you go Gary, hope you enjoy it as much as we all did! :)

Free Slow Cooker Recipes | Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork
When I first came across the recipe, I had been on the look out for a Pulled Pork Recipe to try for a while.  But as I said in the blog post, we're not big pork eaters, so the test pilots for this venture were going to have to include my brother, sister in law and their starving teenagers!  I could have packed it up in containers and put it in the freezer, but I love helping my brother out when I can!

Weeknight meals can be a bit of a headache for families with busy schedules.  Slow cookers can really save them time at the busy dinner end of the day.  My brother is head chef during the week - he's the first adult home, so he's more than happy when the 'Slow Cooker Cook' (me) is around to help out.  He loves to serve dinner family style - put it all on the table and everyone keep helping themselves until it's all gone.  (And then if the teenagers are still hungry the pantry is never going to run out of weetbix, and the fridge is always flush with milk!)

He's the homemade kebab king (stir fried chicken) served family style with everything you would put in a salad, plus some mayo and bbq or satay sauce all bundled up in a wrap.  So I thought this Pulled Pork idea would really work for him... :)

This Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork recipe is the only thing I have ever seen made at his house that there was so much left over that he got another main meal out of it!  He was thrilled - really helps when you can cook once and feed the brood twice!  He told me later he just reheated the leftovers and piled it up over buttered fettucine noodles, served with a side of homegrown broccoli and carrots and there was another round of clean plates and complements.

Previous Post: Whole Chicken Roast | Slow Cooker Roast Chicken

Find more slow cooker recipes for Kiwis (and other cooks who use metric measurements) here at... Slow Cooker Recipes NZ - and check this out - the easiest way to see all my Slow Cooker Recipes!





No comments:

Post a Comment